Thursday 21 August 2003

Resignation

Today I will be mostly writing my letter of resignation.

There's been many occasions where I have reminded myself that no matter how bad the job may get, I only need to give a week's notice. Even in these final few days when Angela's attitude and mood swings have pushed me to the limit, I never had to resort to quitting ahead of schedule.

The schedule looks something like this; tomorrow I quit. A week tomorrow I finish, this gives me a week in between finishing tending bar and starting work for the local paper. Then it's two weeks at the paper, and moving in about a month's time.

That's the plan, at least. As ever, the university are being awkward and have now told me that on completion of my two weeks at the newspaper I am required to turn in a report on it. How long this report is meant to be, and when they want it by, I am still trying to establish. I almost believe they are trying to make things difficult for me -- like ignoring me completely when I wasn't able to find any work experience, and now throwing in more obstacles when I have the work lined up.

The funny thing is, I have paid the deposit and first month's rent for my flat in Leicester so whether or not I actually make it to university, I really will be moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment