Sunday 22 February 2004

Things need to change around here.

In my diary, I mean. I'm more or less content with the layout, and although I am still thinking of renaming the diary "Been down so long it looks like up to me", it occurs to me I will have no reason to link people to a poem by Pablo Neruda if I did that -- and I always think people need to read more poetry.

I was looking over my links page, and I was prompted to remove the link to 'Bang' magazine that I described as Britain's newest rock n' roll magazine. Since I created the link the magazine has gone belly-up, and although the website is still there it seems sort of pointless to link to it any more. There's other things I want to change, too -- like adding a link to the comic Chopping Block, and doing something about the required reading list.

Something about the list bugs me.

It's not the people that appear on it, so much as knowing how often to update it and if I should keep such a list at all. It seems a little unfair that I have this list of people I deem worthy of reading, and what of all the people I read who aren't on the list? What of the people who are on my favourite journals list one week and not the next? I know I'd be hurt to see my name left off a list, or removed from a list like this. But at the same time, I want to show off these cool people and their wonderful diaries -- and since my since the response form just emails me the responses there's no way for anyone else to know who's reading.

I'm not sure what I'll do. I don't want a list full of diaries of cool people alongside people I read for a while but stopped visiting, for whatever reason, but I don't want a small and elitist list of only the few people I deem worthy of a specific link.

Never let it be said that I concentrate on details in my life and miss the bigger picture... because it would be true.

No comments:

Post a Comment