Tuesday 10 April 2007

Blogarama

I have no clue what is going on with Blogarithim today, the site just seems to have packed its bags and said goodbye to the circus. Weirdly, I still got my daily email of what blogs had updated today -- but it's as yet unclear if this will continue. I have had to remove the blogroll from the sidebar here since it was auto-forwarding any blog visitors to a site holding page.

This has also meant that I am missing links for a lot of my daily reads. Not usually feeling the need to bookmark them, it didn't occur to me I was only really keeping them in one place. And without the site, I have no list. I am recovering bits and pieces from old blogarithim email updates, friends knowing other friends and comments, but it's not a perfect system. And it reminds me a bit of when diary-x crashed and the dxodus (as I think someone called it) began, often leaving people with no idea where to find some of their favourite writers.

I have begun setting up bloglines to handle my updates. I'm not happy with it yet, there doesn't seem to be the daily email notification option, and I can't figure out how to set up a blogroll. It also refuses to accept I should be able to claim the feed for my own blog.

I hope to have some replacement up and running shortly. Apologies to anyone who gets missed off the list, just yell at me in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment