Wednesday 19 November 2003

I would settle for a decent meal

I'm going to stop my complaining now, as I'm sure you kids will all be glad to hear. I am not even going to bother to comment on if things are improving, or how far they are going one way or the other. I'm bored with the subject now.

It's nearly 3pm and I haven't eaten yet today. I didn't have time for breakfast, but figured I'd have lunch without a hitch since my law class would be over by about 1. Even including a little extra time to my course leader how I am feeling, I didn't expect it to be so very late when I got round to eating something. That would actually involve turning off the computer and leaving the library, and I seem to be obsessed with checking my email at the moment. If I wake up in the night, I find my phone and use the 'mobile internet' to check my yahoo. First thing in the morning, I turn off the alarm and check my email. If I could check my diary I would probably never leave the thing alone.

Today is a grey day in Leicester. It seems to be that the rain has over the past few days have warmed up the city, which is always a good thing. Looking over at the window, it doesn't appear to be actually raining -- but it's certainly threatening it. I can't explain why exactly, but I love the patterns that rain makes on the window. Sometimes I lie on my bed (which is alongside the window) and stare up at the falling rain. The best thing is watching snow fall at night -- standing out in the middle of it, and staring up at the snow at all different heights. It can be very Zen -- which is something I need more of in my life. But first I need the discipline for it properly.

Today I would settle for a decent meal, some cold Mexican beer and knowing where the hell the swimming pool is. Because there isn't a pool in the city itself -- only in a suburb/town place that involves catching a bus.

Hardly the most life-changing of updates -- but it beats my incessant complaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment