Thursday 13 May 2004

A dirty news bomb irradiating the reader with facts

I don't have my paper journal here with me today, so there will unfortunately be nothing from Ireland today. I'm not sure what more I have in there that's worth reading anyway, but the other entries will follow with some kind of more prosaic ramblings like before.

Instead today I just feel like writing about what's on my mind. I don't want to talk about "the beheading", I said my piece in the forums and I find it upsetting. Nuff said.

I've been working the past two nights in a Royal Mail sorting office, sorting parcels -- or "packets" as they are called. It's not very interesting, but talking to the guy next to me is entertaining enough. I start work at 9.30 and finish at 6am. Like today, I go home, go to bed, and get up around midday. Then I am spending the day being a journo and trying to find news, interview people from the fostering and adoption agency or whatever and try not to think "I'm tired".

Next week I resit my first law exam. A lot of fun there.

[Rie] emailed me today to say that on Saturday she is going back to America, never to return. Just the other week she was talking about moving to London, and inviting me to come and stay with her in Derby. Now she has broken up with her boyfriend and is leaving, and I might never see her again.

I used to be in love with Rie. Or maybe not. But there was a time, when I was first leaving in Salt Lake and missing Fiona, that I would see Rie every weekend and we would just hang out and wrestle or do fun stuff. And I had a crush on her, She didn't mention it at the time, but she liked me too. But she was married to Matt, and it was Fi that I really wanted and nothing ever happened about it. In Derby when we lived together and she broke up with Matt we talked about a marriage of convenience, where we would get the appropriate visas for each other's home countries, But it was more of a joke than a real idea.

The adoption agency aren't calling me back. I might save the copy to disk and work on it from there. I also have a whole stack of letters to send to newspapers. Aren't I just a dirty bomb of interesting info today?

No comments:

Post a Comment