Tuesday 2 May 2006

Monday, May 12. 8.15pm

(copied from my moleskine notebook journal)

Week three in PR starts largely without event or remark. I pay myself on the back for making a good impression with a colleague (basically, I emailed her and asked if she needed help with stuff I had previously been working on -- despite knowing she had someone else on work experience to help her. Turned out she figured she could use some help, and was flattered I asked.)

I've got an interview with another -- possibly rival? -- PR firm later this week, and I'm excited. I might be what they are looking for, and it sounds like what I want, too. It might also interest my company, inspire them to offer me something to stay with them. It's unlikely, but an idea all the same. It would amuse me greatly if getting a job turned out to be this easy -- surely, it can't be and it won't be, but maybe the time is just right?

I need to really do my homework -- research the company and its clients and their campaigns, know my job, know myself and know why I want a job there. All during tomorrow, I have just realised.

Commuting and working in the city isn't so terrible, though I'd like to move closer perhaps, it'a not the big bad I imagined it to be.

4 comments:

  1. Out of curiosity, how long is your commute?

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.patterromany.net/

    and the comics are up at
    http://www.patterromany.net/eurotrash

    Not exactly as it was before, but a good way to keep myself writing without being paranoid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jay, it sounds like things are really starting to pick up. So proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete