Sunday 6 August 2006

Musical Monday (#7)

Musical MondaySo it's a day early: bite me. I wanted to something more positive and upbeat than Serial Killer Sunday.

Sometimes things in life can get overwhelming. I think my problem has always been that I get too hung up on details, and that I need to take more time out just to consider the little things, the things that make me happy.

Today I found an old, old diary that was about to be deleted over its host site, I hadn't been there in six months and forgot it had existed. It combined this song with this picture. Perhaps it's out of place the picture says "Tell me, where is this bright side you speak of" when the song seems to be about taking pleasure from small things.

I love the song, it's so different for Audioslave -- who go up in my estimations with almost everything they do -- it seems happy and simple and just about living life.

"I like colourful clothing in the sun, because it doesn't remind me of anything"

I once made everyone stop and mark the day when I said it was all going to change. When I realised I was the centre of the universe and everything was going to work out just fine. I think now that might actually just have been a manic episode more than anything else, but I want to try and set a milestone for myself. Mark a day on the calendar when I got things into perspective finally and turned my life around. In whatever way.

None of that matters, what does matter is this song is incredible, even if I probably don't understand it properly.


5 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see you feeling better, and come through the manic tunnel. Glad this song brings such a positive message to you, too. Funny how music works like that. (Personally, the song makes me want to stab my eardrums, it's so overplayed. That and it reeks of apathy and asshatery to me, and makes me think of the singer is trying to justify being an ass to someone becausey, hey, past is past. but I digress.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hm, song not working for me at the moment - not sure if it's my computer or castpost (probably me). I love chris cornell - he has one of the most beautiful screaming voices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie: it's funny how different people can get different interpretations -- I would never have got any of the ideas you suggested. And I don't think it's ever played on the radio over here
    -- but that shouldn't surprise you.

    Mez: I think Chris Cornell probably has the best voice in music today --
    rock music at least, it's amazing. I hope the song does work for you,
    or I can retry it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice song choice. If it means something to YOU, that's all that matters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steph: thanks, and I think you're right. Just sucks that Castpost won't play it!

    ReplyDelete