Sunday 26 November 2006

Come with us now on a journey through time and space

The Mighty Boosh: A surreal sitcom about the mismatched friendship of two zoo keepers, Howard Moon and Vince Noir. Sort of, anyway. In honour of this, I present my Mighty Boosh top 5 (yes, it was going to be a top 10 but I couldn't think of enough things).

Top what? Just random top things I love about the show. With links to clips on YouTube where I can -- otherwise you will have to rent/download. As ever, the context would help enormously with these things -- but I can't guarantee it would ever make any more sense

1)Mod Wolves -- Vince is king of the mods, this comes in useful when confronted by mod wolves in the jungle room.
2)The completely random musical improvisations, including Calm a llama down, trapped in cabinets and Bob Fossil's I don't like cricket
3)"The Spirit of Jazz" who is scarily reminiscent of Papa Lazarou from League of Gentlemen. What's not to love about a guy who gets trapped in a hoover and says things like "I'll crawl inside you like a warm kitten"
4)Sort of related #2 -- the songs. I don't think the Mod Wolves dance really counts as a song, but my favourites are from Electro, Nanageddon and Old Gregg.
5)The supporting characters, from Bob Fossil, Zoo Manager, who doesn't know what any of the animals are, to Naboo the shaman who runs the kiosk at the zoo in series one.

It's more interesting than blogging about my work, at any rate.

4 comments:

  1. This sounds like a cool show :) The random humour it seems to have is very English ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't 'found' anything yet. Trains and my school are apparently a lot tidier than they let on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol any show that has a character reminiscent of Papa Lazarou is a-okay with me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MB: It is one of the best shows ever, that's how good it is! And you're probably right, it's very English.
    Diane: I'm looking into perhaps "stealing" rather than finding. Someone has a pack of photos? Surely they won't notice one photo I can "find" and send off...
    Mez: Check out the episode called "Electro" and maybe you will see the resemblance...

    ReplyDelete