Wednesday 29 November 2006

Wednesday already

What day is this? Wednesday. Gah. I don't know what's wrong with me this week (but you bet it's hard to pronounce, huh?). I'm glad to say this week I am feeling far less violently angry towards my fellow trainees, and haven't repeated any comments about the best way to a man's heart being with a sharp knife to the sternum.

However, this week does officially suck. Work, of course, sucks donkey dick as ever. Yesterday I had some furious Scotsman shouting and swearing at me because we didn't get his fax or whatever. Today someone else was refusing to get off the phone until he could talk to a manager, despite having been told already by someone else earlier in the day a manager would, at best, only call him back. And not even that, in the end, they said it wasn't a management issue that this loser just didn't like the replacement handsets. Further ranting about work and colleagues should probably be confined to my Monday Monkey blog that I started to rant about working in PR.

I have managed to find the library copy of 100 Years Of Solitude, which is helpful since even the fines to date must be less than the cost of a new book. But today I think my wallet is lost. I didn't have it when I went to work this morning, and I still can't find it now. I've cancelled my cards -- and apparently they haven't been used -- but dammit, I hate losing stuff. Probably because I lose stuff a lot. I should probably revert to having a wallet on a chain, not to try and be punk but to stop me losing the bloody thing. It reminds me of when I lost my wallet on New Year's Eve, two years ago. Perhaps the worst possible day to lose your wallet on, before you go out.

There's not much in it these days -- a couple of cards, a blood donor card that I keep only to identify my blood type should I be in an accident, my driving licence. No pictures of loved ones any more, not even pictures of Avril Lavigne.

Other than that, I've had a headache all day and no money to buy painkillers with, and the back windscreen wiper on my car has decided that it doesn't want to do no stinkin' wiping of windows no more, so it has become purely decorative. Let's just hope it doesn't rain when I have to drive anywhere -- like to work, or home... I managed to get lost driving home last night, all because I've started giving a colleague a lift which involves driving out to the arse-end of nowhere. He got out the car last night and asked me if I remembered where I was going, I assured him I did and perhaps less than 30 minutes later I was thinking "This doesn't look very familiar" and it got increasingly less familiar.

Until I was driving down narrow, winding roads in complete darkness in the vague hope that if I kept going in a straight line I'd come to some kind of civilisation soon, and could see lights of some kind of life in the distance. As it turned out, my drive in a straight line idea wasn't all bad and eventually I made it back to where I had started without incident. That might explain why I was so tired last night.

What it doesn't explain is why the hell I am having such weird dreams lately. The details are mostly lost to me now, but it's enough that I spend half the day feeling slightly uneasy.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go and carry on looking for my bastard wallet.

7 comments:

  1. My god, I love your writing style. If this is casual "diary type," I can only imagine what else you have...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crème fraîche: Flattery will get you everywhere. Welcome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jay, you compliment whore ;)

    Let's just hope it doesn't rain when I have to drive anywhere -- like to work, or home

    bwah-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!! You live in England, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know all about the uneasy weird dreams. mmmm - not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Madame Boffin: yeah, laugh it up! It's alright for you, with your sun and your beaches and your barbies in December :P
    Mez: You mean, you dream about things other than school reports?

    ReplyDelete
  6. this happens to you every time i visit. or so it seems.

    maybe i'll stick to reading via bloglines.

    ReplyDelete
  7. treespotter: not sure *what* happens when you visit, but don't you dare stop visiting!

    ReplyDelete