Thursday 14 June 2007

Dumped before the first date!


Yes, it's true -- any moral confusion there might have been for me about the possible implications of dating Electro Girl were resolved when she unceremoniously dumped before our first date.

Apparently, Ultra didn't "approve of [my] open suggestiveness on a first date".

Yes, it's okay to tell me you were banking on staying the night at my place after a club -- but it is too "openly suggestive" to offer to cook her dinner, even if when asking you acknowledge it might be a little forward of you to do so.

The best part is -- the bit that really makes me laugh -- is she went on to tell me "it's not you, it's me" (does *anyone* ever believe that line, even if it's true?) and that she'd like to remain friends.

I guess I'm just not down with the kids.

She was a mistake. I don't regret it, but in the spirit of openness and "say yes more" I gave her more time and consideration than I now think she deserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment