Sunday 17 June 2007

Post Crossing

Jamie directed me here, who in turn had been turned onto it by Ash. I don't have a link for Ash any more, he was an old diary-x person, but I expect he still has dozens of blogs or journals or whatever about the place under various names.

San used to compulsively collect postcards, it used to drive me mad. She didn't care if they were interesting-looking, she didn't even do anything with them – she'd just get handfuls of postcards wherever they were free, and then dump them in a drawer. I was always telling her to do something with them or get rid of them, she wasn't even properly collecting – she was just hoarding, it made no sense. I used to suggest mounting one of each into a scrapbook or something, so she could at least admire them later. I don't know what if anything she ever did with them.

PostCrossing
is a project allowing people to exchange postcards with strangers around the world. If San still has those postcards, she'll have the last laugh – it's just right for someone who has thousands of cards already stashed away.
I sent my first card off to Finland yesterday, and am excited to think I will be receiving cards in return. I'm a huge geek, but I really love getting post.

As I receive postcards, I'll scan the images and post them on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment