Sunday 17 June 2007

Jazz clubs

On Friday night, me and Calvin went to a jazz club at the restaurant where I kind of work. The operations manager had got me complimentary tickets, so we enjoyed some good food and great music. What amused was towards the end of the night I politely asked our waitress for the bill. She replied that she had been informed my table was complimentary, and there was no bill. Sure this was a mistake, I told her I was under the impression the table was booked free of charge -- but that was as far as it went, and if she wouldn't mind checking again for me.

It might seem ridiculous to talk your way into paying for your meal, but I am sure now I was correct -- and if I had allowed them to mistakenly not charge me for the meal, I expect it would have caught up with me. I know it would have done, after all -- copies of complimentary bills have to go to the press office where I'm working, and I would have got into trouble if it was thought that I had acted improperly. It's like how I will contact people I've wronged in the past to try and make things right, part of being sure to at least try to do the right thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment