Monday 17 December 2007

Semi-Musical Monday

I got a letter from the Student Loan Company today. Curious as to what they wanted (as surely I haven't yet earned enough to make any repayments) I opened it. Being the season of goodwill, it seems they thought they would remind me that I still owe them over nine thousand pounds, and what's more they have charged me almost two hundred and fifty pounds in interest.

In other news, I discovered last week that googling the lyrics to one particular Christmas song was bringing up my blog within the top 5 results. Concerned that somebody I knew might end up here by accident, I have taken that particular post out of circulation and added noindex, nofollow tags to my blog. Now even googling for Arm the Homeless doesn't seem to find me -- so it must be working. Although I like to be widely read, I no longer think that being searchable on Google is a good way of achieving this.

However, should you all want to show your support for this fine blog of mine I have found a website that sells Arm the Homeless stickers. All it needs to complete it is my URL...

And in closing, because the Student Loans people have pissed me off and I can't be arsed to think of a proper post for Musical Monday I include this video, and a link to the blog of the legendary Dave Gorman talking about why he thinks the song is so good and why it should be #1 this Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment