Friday 6 November 2009

This is a call

It struck me this morning I don't have enough new music.  Or maybe what I mean is variety of music, music that is new to me, not necessarily "new".  If I had unlimited funds I could spend days or weeks filling in the gaps in my listening, seeking out artists I might like, albums I have missed.  And if they didn't do anything for me?  No matter, they could be given away again.  Paid forward.

The trouble is, of course, I don't have those unlimited funds -- and I expect even with an unexpected lottery win, filling out my music collection would end up fairly low on the list.

Instead, I am going to ask for your help -- anyone who might be reading.  I'm not asking for monetary donations to help me buy more music, instead I am asking for your creativity -- and giving you a choice.  Either you can make me a mix cd of your devising, paying as much or as little attention as you like to my own listenings.  Or, alternatively, if making an actual CD is a little too...2000 for you, why not make me a Spotify playlist instead.

Contact me for details on how to share these things.

4 comments:

  1. Jay--

    A mix CD would obviously imply that I want to sleep with you, which, sadly, I don't. Your girlfriend, my wife, and society at large would probably object.

    I am curious, however, about what in the bloody hell arse tits girls feck is Spotify and if it is possibly something I can do for you without romantic implications.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr Apron: Do you only make mix CDs for people you want to sleep with?! I've made them for all sorts of people over the years, including friends and relatives, and know others like me. But it's ok if you don't want to sleep with me ;)
    As for Spotify, you've doubtlessly checked it out by now, but I'll link to it from the post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jay: Yes. (And it's worked, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like making mixes! they're fun! also, have you tried myspace music?

    ReplyDelete