Sunday 14 March 2004

News and apologies

I feel kind of bad about my last entry.

While I was sat here whining about people throwing water-bombs at me in the street in the background News 24 was playing. I just didn't stop to think that hundreds of people are dead in Madrid and I was being a complete ass to complain about some water balloons. I'm sure there's plenty that would gladly trade places with me, I just wasn't thinking.

But moving swiftly on-- I got to climbing, and it rocks (no pun intended). It might not have the "rush" of snowboarding, or the more relaxing feel of swimming, but it is damn cool and something I am going to pursue further. Unfortunately I probably won't join the group who arranged the introductory day yesterday, since they don't meet in the city itself and I can't drive. I know there is at least one group who do meet in the city and go climbing on a weekly basis so I will chase up them. My arms hurt today, but it's a good hurt. Not like when my neck hurts because I've been sat in front of a computer all day.

In other news, everyone go and express their eternal love and devotion to Emma for her help in making my bravenet comments form a reality. Until I manage to get the form to have required fields, can everyone please at least include their name and email? I've got a comment sitting in my inbox that says "Cool, new comments system! Nice choice." but I have no idea who it is from, and IP lookups aren't being any help.

And that's about it for now. I need to stare at this story for tomorrow's paper some more -- it's written, but I'm not happy with it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment