Wednesday 24 March 2004

Note to self: get a spare set of keys

Helpfully I have managed to lock myself out of my flat.

I realised yesterday evening I didn't have my keys, but since I was staying the night at San's anyway I didn't figure it would be much of a problem. Instead, I said I'd call my landlord today if I didn't find them in university. So this evening I call my landlord, only to find I can't get through, instead I get a message telling me it has not been possible to connect my call and to try again later.

I have tried again later. And later still. I have called my parents to find out his home address from their copy of my tenancy agreement, and called directory enquries. But that number is ex-directory. Fecking useless bastard.

It looks like my only course of action will be to try and find where he lives and hope that he -- or someone who can help me -- is at home. I'm lucky I know San, otherwise I would have nowhere to go at all -- as it is, I have only the clothes I'm wearing and my law revision.

I should be revising for tomorrow's exam, instead I'm stressing out because I can't get into my flat. And trying not to stress out by playing a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy text game, and not doing very well at it.

I should leave now and try and find his house, rather than wait for San to come back from her dance class in an hour's time.

Update:
Right before I was going to leave I got through on the phone, and found my landlord had gone out. Long story short, I got in the next day. No harm done. Going home for Easter now so it might be a day or two before I get online again, kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment