Tuesday 27 April 2004

Thursday morning

My apologies for making people wait for me to get my ass in gear and start copying up entries from my paper journal -- I hope I haven't built it up too much, because it's really not that detailed or interesting. It's also edited in places.

----
Thursday morning, 11 am

I'm sat in a strange girl's bed, in Ireland. I'm hungover, tired and eager to see what is out there. I've tried climbing on the bed to look out the skylight at the city, but I think I might fall off.

The worry that whoever this girl is whose bed I slept in might come back and find me here has mostly dissipated now I'm dressed. I guess that she has probably gone home for Easter, wherever it might be for her. (note -- I did not sleep with her, just slept in her bed. Have not so much as met her at this point)

Everyone seems nice. I hadn't known what to expect, but it's good -- they are all good people. I'm a little concerned that [blank] doesn't like me, however. But as San would no doubt tell me, 'they' don't know me yet.

[blank] is a hottie, and I had no idea. I know, it sounds shallow, but it's true. Am I surprised? I don't know, I didn't know what to be expecting. But 'they' are an incredibly nice person, too. What's weird is how platonic I feel. I like that way though.

[blank] seems oddly familiar. Quiet, easy-going, and laid back -- perhaps to a fault. But I could be basing that more on [blank]'s rants than on anything else. 'They' seem kind, loving and generous -- although perhaps without any great convictions.
----

That is where the first day's scribblings end. I've removed individuals names and am going to refrain from any retrospective analysis of personalities, mainly because that's better left to my private thoughts. I don't want to have to choose my words carefully for potential readers, either, although I wouldn't ever have anything bad to say about the people I met. Just the same, I've tried to disguise the identities of people mentioned here.

Since this was so short, I might later on write some blog-style ramblings about the first night itself -- much like my entry about the Wednesday. We shall see. Maybe I could host a poll about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment