Sunday 26 February 2006

February 15, Geneva. 2.30 pm

(from my notebook)

It's sort of lonesome, travelling alone. I enjoy the freedom of it, I enjoy my independence -- but it's not the same without someone to talk to, or to share a beer with. I amuse myself with music and a drink, and my notebook, and I watch all the people as they pass.

It's impossible to know what the week ahead holds for me, but so long as I have my board and my notebook I know I will be fine, and I am determined to enjoy myself.

As ever, San is on my mind. She has suddenly seemed more affectionate towards me lately, in the last day or two. I'm not complaining, and I do still love the girl on some level, but we both know -- by now, we all know why we can't go back again. As for Lyndsay, I would love for something to come of it, but don't think it ever can -- or will.

I get the feeling people are looking at me, as I tap my foot along to Johnny Cash. What sort of music does suit an airport in Switzerland? Probably not "Ring of Fire" I'm guessing. I like to have music that's so completely and deliberately out of place. Oh, and it would seem that 100 Swiss Francs isn't roughly the same as £10 after all. Who knew?

1 comment:

  1. just deep wandering thoughts :-)

    true love is worth everything - you will know it's true love when it is not so hard or not so confusing when you just feel free - it actually does enhance your state of being alive

    good luck - it will happen - you know it!

    Cheers,

    ReplyDelete