Monday 13 February 2006

It's only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything

It's only after you've lost
everything that you're
free to do anything

nothing is static,
everything is evolving,
everything is
falling apart

you are not a beautiful and unique snowflake
you are the same decaying
organic matter as everything else
we are all a part of the same compost heap

you have to give up

you have to realise that someday you will die,
until you know that you are useless
i say let me never be complete
i say may i never be content
i say deliver me from swedish furniture
i say deliver me from clever art
i say deliver me from clear skin and perfect teeth
i say you have to give up
i say evolve, and let the chips
fall where they may

1 comment:

  1. been wanting to watch the movie again, but alas, I only have it on VHS and no longer have a VCR. Meh. I think it's one of the rare instances where I prefer the movie over the book. Crazy,no?

    ReplyDelete