Wednesday 12 July 2006

Sometimes it rains inside my head

I feel like I'm drowning.

Logically, it makes no difference. It doesn't matter if you can recognise the problem isn't external, it makes no odds if you can identify nothing has really changed around you. Even if you could run a test and show an chemical imbalance in the brain or in the blood, nothing would be any different for it.

I visualise swimming, and something dark wrapped around my ankles. I feel like I'm struggling to break the surface, I feel like I'm gasping for air. And I feel like every time I'm being pulled under.

9 comments:

  1. I'm not quite sure how to respond to that... so, *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry. It's pretty much the same being a season-ticket holder at Tottenham.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Step out and enjoy the sun, it's not often that we have a heatwave here in the UK. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As said above, just *hugs* darling. Take care of yourself and let me know if you ever need to vent or complain or just talk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's not a nice feeling, and it's one I'm familiar with. Feel better soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you're ok. I know how overwhelming dark feelings can be.
    Take care of yourself Jay.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Diane: You don't need to say anything, a hug is enough.
    Wdky: You must feel this way every season, I'm guessing?
    Suze: You're probably right, I do need to get out more.
    db: Thank you, it means a lot to me.
    China: Thanks for the well wishes x
    Steph: Thank you for thinking of me

    ReplyDelete
  8. hon, you know what they say. Don't try to swim against the tide it just tires you out. The important thing is to still be able to see sand, swim parallel to the shore until it passes. If all else fails, call in for reinforcements. okay? *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  9. M: Thank you. You give some good advive, in an Aussie sort of way which
    made me smile.

    ReplyDelete