Friday 7 July 2006

When Morning Comes

A young British man he strap a bomb to himself
and then he get onto a London bus...
Blew off the roof and explode a nation with fear
We saw the war was coming home to us

Smoke on the underground the train
Go BANG BANG BOOM!
Bodyparts propelled out with the truth
Can't hide the reality now, it looks us in the eye
But why does it take a white face in the hopsital
To demand a two minute silence?

Two million people march along the Thames
Angry at foreign policy
sad the government had
Put them in danger
As they prepare for war illegally

Screaming and shouting
Loud uprise a people now
Falling upon deaf ears,
Said that they be here to protect and serve
But I don't think we really deserved
To be decieved in this way
And now I'm thinking about a revolution

Roots rock rebel
Will I be here when the morning comes?

As civil rights are being reigned back in
Now I'm fearful of the police state
Proud of a culture that rejected the firearm
But now the police shoot an innocent dead
Playing on the terror scare, solution they prepare?
Compulsory ID! In their wisdom?
Protection?! Downpression!!
And they got the nerve to tell me I'm free

We been betrayed, and enraged
And now I'm thinking about a revolution

Roots rock rebel
Will I be here when the morning comes?

(taken from the self titled album, by Suicide Bid. One year ago today; this is not Musical Monday.)



Powered by Castpost

4 comments:

  1. As someone who has many relations in London, I'm thinking about you all today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *hug* the world is a scary place sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's all fucked up for sure, Jay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steph: Thanks, you're a sweetie.
    M: Thanks for the hug, and you're right, it is. I guess we just have to do the best we can.
    WDKY: You're not wrong there, my friend.

    ReplyDelete