Monday 19 February 2007

Twisting my mellon, man

I tell you something that's really twisting my melon today -- I thought I'd be all clever and switch to the Haloscan comments, just like his eminence the Baron Hashbrown suggested. Granted it looks cool, but the comments have a life on their own outside of the blog itself. Diary-x went boom last year and my diary disappeared -- but I still have all the comments that were left, saved on Haloscan. Except they are now disembodied comments. And Haloscan has booted all the existing comments off my blog, so it looks like nobody loves me. Don't fret though -- any comment that has ever been left here automatically gets emailed to me, so I have them all tucked away.

So -- Sunday Night Hockey. Chieftains lose! Again! I'm starting to understand why the Chieftains are middle of the league, they're just not very good! Sunday night's game was against the Swindon Wildcats. Do you suppose you get many wild cats in Wiltshire? Apparently, yes -- one of the things I do love about England is there are supposedly any number of panther-like big cats, just randomly roaming the country side.

Anyway, I was pleased to see the Chieftains playing better last night -- the passes were connecting, the team seemed to working together as they should. But they weren't getting the goals. First blood as usual went to the visitors, but I wasn't shaken -- this is all familiar now, and I was sure the Chieftains could come back.

And they really tried, mounting a sustained attack on the goals and eventually equalising the score in the second period. Everything rode on the third period -- and we gleefully swore at the Swindon supporters after a lucky goal was disqualified because they had too many men on the ice. It was short-lived when they made up for it with another goal.

And that pretty much sealed it for the Chieftains. They tried, they struggled, they raged (although not like last week's rage) and they still lost.

Update: after some guidance from the genius Baron Hashbrown and trawling of t'internet, I have found a way for Haloscan and Blogger to coexist. Granted, at this point it's currently showing both links, but I'm not sure there's a way around that for old posts.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Happy Mondays - Step On.mp3

No comments:

Post a Comment