Saturday 14 July 2007

The great postcard exchange

Postcrossing continues to kick arse, with my second received postcard coming all the way from Moscow, and shows the monument to Peter I. The sender, Eugenia, is a 37-year old assistant manager of a lingerie distributor -- and mistakenly complained I didn't have my real name on Postcrossing. I forgive her though, it's a neat looking postcard -- and the stamps take up most of the space on the reverse of the card! I might have to scan in that side, too, later.

Today's hotly-received postcard is my first (I expect of many) from Finland. Hinuopp comes from a small town called Savonlinna, in the Finnish lake district. I don't really understand what's going on in the picture -- it looks like it might be some kind of snakes and ladders type game perhaps, but "Hinuopp" said she thought it could be just the card for me. It seems she might be a good judge of character :)

No comments:

Post a Comment