Saturday 10 June 2006

The week in review

I didn't get the job I was interviewed for last week. I was told I'd probably hear by the end of the day on the Friday, and I think it took repreated calls to the recruitment consultancy before I heard anything -- on Tuesday. Apparently they really liked me, yadda yadda, but had felt that I tried too hard to give them the right answers and they didn't see enough of my personality. I guess they have a point, and my heart was never really in it.

Speaking of hearts being in it, or whatever, I've heard nothing from Philippa all week which in itself is nothing unusual -- but she didn't even acknowledge or reply when I asked her around the middle of the week if she had plans for the weekend. There's a hundred different explanations as to why this might be without any of it being a reflection on me, but I just can't be arsed. So, fairwell to the charming and funny anitpodean Philippa -- unless circumstances change, and she contacts me, these will be the last words I write for. Not that it matters, since a young lady named Jade wants to meet for cocktails and table football on Monday, and Fi is asking me if I want to meet her coffee.

Work is largely uneventful -- calling fashion journalists and talking to them about what they're shooting for the October issue and shaking your head to yourself as you talk utter rubbish. Or trying to convince journalists writing features that a dishwasher tablet would go well with a piece about summer barbecues. One of my colleagues this week commented she thought it would be "really cool" if I could get a permanent job there, which I take as a compliment -- I feel at home there, and would like to stay if I could. But it's rarely that easy.

There's little else to say. Last week's fears of a chemical attack on London appear to have been perhaps misguided -- after the tabloid headings screaming "find the bomb" and claiming it was a race against time to find the chemical weapon that was definitely out there. The two men arrested are released without charge, after the police found nothing at their home. Sometimes it's very difficult to know what's really going on.

3 comments:

  1. sorry about the job hon. Are there prospects for a permanent job for where you're aready working?

    Jade? ooo lala ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you can stay where you are...It sounds nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Argghh, job interviews are utter shite. I've been through all that, and it's truly painful.
    I hope things work out for you soon.

    ReplyDelete