Wednesday 22 October 2003

I'm out of bed, and made it to the keyboard

Winter is drawing in this week, as the mornings have become frosty and the days have become cold, grey and wet.

My flu is finally on its way out -- at least, I hope that it is. Yesterday it probably peaked, with my constant sneezing and fever, but that could also be related to being in class and not at home, dosed up on pain killers.

Today, on the other hand, the sneezing has stopped, I haven't touched any painkillers all day but despite this the fever seems to be keeping a distance (touch wood), and the only trouble is my coughing fits, and as a result often my throat is too sore to swallow. But I'm working on it.

And tonight, my landlord has told me, they are taking away my old oven and putting in a replacement. I hesitate to say they are replacing it with a new one, since it will most likely be old and decrepit like the old one -- but if it works then that's good enough for me.

Now, sadly, I need to pass on updating details of what's happening in my life and instead go home and try and write six paragraphs about a coroner's inquest I had the misfortune of sitting in on last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment