Wednesday 15 October 2003

Spangly-new

Somewhere along the lines today -- in between my shorthand lecturer not turning up (I would have thought she would be desperate for any excuse to leave Birmingham every day, but it seems not) and finally getting this new diary template sorted out, I agreed to cook San dinner this evening.

To be honest, that's not quite true. I offered to cook her dinner. I'd sent her a few text messages today and yesterday and she was being temperamental about replying. I ask her if she has decided if she is going to her friends birthday in Leeds (I can't be bothered to link to there, if you are that interested look it up on google) or if she is coming to the gig I bought us tickets to in August. I ask her how her day was. She doesn't answer. I mention to her that a theatre in Leicester is showing "The Importance of Being Earnest" and she answers me.

I guess what it comes down to is I want to be a "good boyfriend" to her, but sometimes my insecurities just get in the way. I wanted to talk to her, and maybe see her, but didn't want to bug her too much. So I offered her dinner, and she accepted. I haven't yet decided if I will cook dinner at her place or mine. If I cook at hers we have an oven that works and a table to eat on, but if we cook at mine I don't have to go home at the end of the night.

But anyway, lookit my new layout, kids! I can't take any credit for making it myself, and I wasn't even looking for a new layout today, but somehow I started looking at some and I liked the simplicity of this one. Especially since I couldn't imagine what I wanted from a template of my own design to tell any of the incredibly nice people that have offered to help in the past.

So yeah. Up until this week we had to lectures on a Wednesday -- shorthand until 12, and then law from 1. But the university has a stupid rule that if even only one person on a course wants to play sport we aren't allowed lectures on Wednesday afternoon, so law got shifted to a Friday morning, ruining our day off. I just feel sorry for the people who commuted in this morning especially for shorthand, only to find it didn't happen. I should really practice some on my own -- I am still truly awful at it.

And that's today. Not a whole lot happening, but I wanted to comment on the new layout, and express my thanks to Comatised for the use of her template, and to Karen for helping me with substitutions when I was being retarded.

No comments:

Post a Comment