Wednesday 1 October 2003

Ranting

What's going on around here? I disappear for nearly a month and not one person emails me or leaves a comment to see where I am?

Okay, so I wasn't writing because I didn't have internet access, but I was reading any email I got via my mobile phone so it wasn't like I was completely unreachable.

There's much to say, but right now I will try and stick to the basic rants.

I hate my flat. My flat is freezing cold constantly because it has no central heating. I realise it would probably be impossible to centrally heat five or six or however-many individual bedsits, but -- dammit -- one small gas fire does not do the job. Especially not given the size of the gap around the kitchen door. Any other damn bedsit in the whole building wouldn't have this problem, because only my flat has the back door. A back door that may as well be bricked over, since you can't open it. Oh, to have the room in the loft...

My oven also doesn't work. I got the landlord to take a look at it and he agreed, it's broken, and he would get me a new one. There's no sign of that new one yet. Until then I can grill things, but it doesn't seem possible to get the grill tray close enough to the heat in order to cook anything in any kind of reasonable time. Alternatively, I can microwave things or heat them on the burners. It's not the end of the world, but it is very limiting.

What's more, although I have a TV I can't get a reception on it because the aerial cable runs down the opposite side of the room. I was originally going to get digital tv, but they don't cover my part of the city. I don't have a phone line yet either, because the provider is useless and don't return my calls or turn up when they say that they will.

I am cold, broke, hungry, without television or a telephone and my classes in writing shorthand are leaving me thinking that I have learning difficulties.

I'll try to write again later, but with classes more or less all day every day and internet access only available to me in the library, I can't say it will be today.

No comments:

Post a Comment