Saturday 11 October 2003

Some day you will ache like I ache

It's 1.30 on a Saturday afternoon. I only came here to email my bank and yell at them because they didn't close my old bank's account and haven't taken my standing order payments over from my old bank and so some -- if not all -- are being paid by both accounts, but one account has no money in. Confused yet?

After writing a snotty letter to the cable supplier telling them I wanted nothing to do with them ever again I ended up signing on the dotted line online just so I can have a phone line. I doubt they will notice. But true to form for them an engineer turned up on Friday morning to connect my TV and phone line, like they were originally meant to be doing except half the time when I called nobody knew who I was. He wasn't impressed, but as I stood at the door in my long thermal underwear and an old Green Day t-shirt I didn't give a damn and sent him away. Wanna place bets on if it will be this same engineer that will turn up next month to connect my phone?

Anyhow. My neck has been stiff and hurting for months, it seems like forever. I saw a doctor back home about it, but in true doctor style I felt he was -- at best -- only half listening, and not very interested. He wrote me a prescription. And maybe if I had applied the stuff he gave me the 7 or 8 times a day it said to until it ran out, maybe then it would have worked. But I didn't, and it didn't work. I saw another doctor a week or so back, and for whatever reason this doctor seemed to actually care. He moved my head about and prodded me and even checked the reflexes in my arms. Sadly though he said he had absolutely no idea what's wrong with me, but at the end of the month I get to see a chiropractor. Today my neck hurts and my back hurts and even my shoulders ache, and I don't know why.

But life goes on. I've emailed the bank and entered a competition to win a snowboarding holiday and now I really should be leaving before I spend so long in the library that I'm tempted to do some work...

No comments:

Post a Comment