Thursday 16 October 2003

I suck, it's that simple.

It is beginning to appear to me that I might not make a journalist, let alone make a very good one. The reason for this is simple: I suck.

I'm not sure quite why I suck, since I know that I can write and I actually do enjoy journalism. Maybe I just can't get the writing style right, thinking back I can't recall anyone telling me at any point that I couldn't write. I just don't seem able to write news. I seem completely unable to write intros, or to be able to identify the outstanding element in a press release or list of facts. I end up writing about the 3-hour operation to reattach a postman's ear, rather than about how he was attacked by two Alsations to begin with.

I've sent one of my lecturers an epic-length email telling him that I'm beginning to wonder if I am just wasting everyone's time, since I seem incapable of learning anything. He might not get the email, since according to the staff lists he doesn't exist, but we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment