Wednesday 24 December 2003

It feels like somebody put something in my drink

I think I might be coming down with something.

Yesterday, I felt fine. I felt fine when I got up this morning. But now I am feeling increasingly strange, and I can't explain it. Either I am coming down with something, or I have reacted uncharacteristically badly to donating blood this morning.

Donating blood isn't normally a big deal for me. I don't enjoy the experience, but it doesn't take long and I feel I should do it. Today things just seemed wrong. First, there was it taking longer than normal. It seemed to hurt more and be generally more uncomfortable, too. Then there was an issue with the bleeding not stopping as quickly it should do afterwards. And then as I was about to leave, I began to feel strange as my vision started to be replaced with a bright haze, so they made me lie down with my feet raised.

Ever since then I've just been feeling wrong. My head feels fuzzy, and I just had to abandon my shorthand practice, not because I couldn't concentrate but more like it seemed something was getting lost between my brain and my hand. I do feel tired, so maybe I need a nap -- it could be simply not enough sleep. But I feel almost feverish.

Of course, all of this won't stop me from going out tonight -- I'm not going to be back home for very long, and I want to see my friends as much as I can.

--- and by the way, Happy Christmas to everyone I know here.

No comments:

Post a Comment