Tuesday 16 December 2003

Random and often strange things

ou kids choose to read the most random entries sometimes, I swear. I largely ignore now the number of readers my diary stats say that I have (even though it does say more people are reading than are leaving comments), but I know for certain what old entries in my archive I have or haven't been reading. And nearly every day when I check it, I see particular entries that aren't even in chronological order. I guess people must just like the titles, I don't know.

It's been an odd few days. Not least because something very stange is going on with my floppy disks -- they will disappear in the short journey to or from my house, or work I know that I saved on it will just not show up. If I get home and my disk isn't there, my disk with my only available copy of the news story I wrote for tomorrow on it, I will not be happy.

Other odd things include that Fiona, she who seemed so reluctant to keep in contact, temperamental about answering text messages and more than a little reluctant to even acknowledge the idea when I suggested something that might involve seeing me -- the very same Fiona emailed me. Not only this, but she emailed with the specific purpose of asking me if I wanted to meet up. Perhaps because after the last time I asked her why she was being weird about answering me on the meeting up idea she explained it was that her boyfriend wouldn't like it. I guess now she has decided he doesn't need to know, but I have to ask her why now? Why after over two years, and after however long I have lived in this city, why does she suddenly want to see me now? I don't know what to expect from her, but I'm feeling strong enough not to make an arse of myself by falling for her.

And I'm toying with ideas for a webcomic called The Amazing Adventures of Sandwich-Girl and Dork-Boy. It would be about a girl San lives with and her boyfriend, or the characters based on them, with the story just being some weird and outlandish crazy thing. Okay, yes -- I don't have any ideas for what the story would be, and I can't actually draw so that is a major setback. But I like the idea. Maybe I will stick "webcomic author" under my list of jobs I would like to do. Speaking of webcomics, I miss rts.

*Update-- I started a blog, for the mundane, day to day stuff in life. But I can't really work out what I am doing with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment